Creating a Student Lesson Plan Book for Time4Learning?
    Barbi2015 is offline Junior Member

Default Creating a Student Lesson Plan Book for Time4Learning?

We have homeschooled for about 20 years now, but just started using Time4Learning. I am thinking about creating a lesson planner for my daughter. I can print out the "Schedule" from the site on the lessons she is to do each week. Then place the lesson plan into a notebook based on subjects and the week they are to be done. I can also add other outside supplements to this.

Has anyone done this? If so, I would love to hear your ideas!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I generate a schedule using the Activity Scheduler for the whole year. Each weekend, I assign actual days of the week to the upcoming week's schedule and type anything extra I want her to do in the "Notes" part of the Activity Scheduler. (For example, I might say, "There is a DVD related to your science lesson on top of the TV. Please watch that when you are finished.") Then, I just print that one week and staple it. She works from that for the week and checks things off with a pencil as she does them.

Having a general schedule for the school year, but scheduling the details only a week in advance works well for me, because that gives us time to adjust if something unexpected comes up.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Where do you find your supplemental things, DVD, weblinks, projects? Just starting this journey with my 5th grade daughter who has a Central Audiotory Processing Disorder. She currently is still enrolled in public school, so we are building a bridge with this curriculum. I have never done anything like this before and feel a bit overwhelmed with all the homeschool options out there. Thankfully this curriculum seems to do so much to help keep me in line with what she is doing. Any additional advice is appreciated