Does Middle School Science include experiements
    Lynsey is offline Junior Member

Default Does Middle School Science include experiements

Hi. My daughter is on grade 7 and 8 for other subjects but we have only just moved up from Grade 5 science because the science lessons had not suited us that well. One reason was the lack of interactive features and having to look ahead for experiments and then adapt them for my daughter who is visually impaired. We were really pleased to move up to the MS science and discover the couse is so much more interactive. I wish we had moved up ages ago.I hadn't even realised it was available and had just pre-viewed the old grade 6 via her lessons home page. I really think it should be better advertised.
    Anyway, there is quite a bit of content there and I am wondering whether the lessons include practical experiments or whether it is all just audio/visual. We are fine with the latter, but I want to avoid going through each and every lesson to check for experiments in advance if I can, particularly as they are so interactive.
    I would be really grateful for a definite answer.
    Thanks
    Lynsey

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Lynsey, Hi, I'm glad that you found the middle school sciences. They are a pretty recent addition to the T4L curriculum. (Added in the 2013-2014 school year I think.) My daughter has taken the Earth and Space and is currently working on the Physical science. So far, I don't remember there being any experiments though there are lots of things called Authentic tasks which offer additional content online by referring the student to other sites that contain materials relevant to the topic. For example, under the Isotopes chapter in Physical science, one of the authentic tasks takes the students to an PBS interactive page on carbon dating. Other activities include the Odyssey writer activities. I hope that helps. As you have noticed the new middle school sciences are much more interactive than the older middle school courses.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Lynsey is offline Junior Member

Thanks Linda