fractions

Thread: fractions

Default fractions

I have a 9th grader that is having problems with algebra because he never quite go fractions. What does anyone recommend

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Sammi. Several of my kids have been "math challenged". I have bought some of the cheap kids' workbooks at stores like Walmart and used those to help them understand basic concepts they missed. When we recognize a "gap" (especially in math), we stop doing any other lessons in that subject and just concentrate on filling in the gap. We have had to do that with basic multiplication facts and with fractions.

You can substitute eighth grade math for algebra by logging in to your parent account, but that won't specifically zero in on fractions. You can call Time4Learning support to substitute a lower grade of math for awhile, and just pick and choose the fractions lessons. The fourth grade math curriculum introduces basic fractions concepts and the fifth grade curriculum digs a little deeper. You could just do the fractions chapters in fourth and fifth grade and see if that helps.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I used Key To Fractions with all of my older kids, this was before Time4Learning existed. It gave them a good solid understanding and they have all done very with in Math.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the hint about sixth grade math. It's true that, no matter what curriculum we use or what school our child attends, there will be times they just don't "get" something. The ideas for extra resources are great!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!