Help!!! this for Charter School... I need portfolio pieces..
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jwilds
  • 1 Post By lovehmschlg

Thread: Help!!! this for Charter School... I need portfolio pieces..

jwilds is offline Junior Member

Default Help!!! this is for Charter School... I need portfolio pieces..

So we just started using LA, LAX and Nature of Science for a 6th grader with a independent study Charter School. I had been using other curriculum and just didn't like it, but I am running into an issue. I must turn in a physical piece of paper for each course each month. In the demo videos it shows worksheets etc, so I thought I was good to go, but I have been looking through the scope and sequence and I am not seeing any for LAx until chapter 7, LA until Chapter 5 and NONE for science??? Having just started using this yesterday I am not savvy and wondering if any of you out there have a way to print screen a quiz or something??
    Last edited by jwilds; 12-03-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

I don't know the answer to your question. You may want to call or email the Time4Learning Support team. They would be better able to assist you with that question. You can contact them at 888-771-0914 until 6pm EST or email them at [email protected].
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

jwilds is offline Junior Member

Thanks Janet.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

You can print quizzes and chapter tests by going to the portfolio icon, then clicking on the report function. Choose your subjects, and date range, and quizzes and chapter tests should have links to their actual answers. You should be able to print these by copy and paste to word document and then print, or telling computer to print page. Hope that helps a little.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

monnalu is offline Member

My granddaughter was in independent study Charter School. I printed all the tests, all the activity quizes with control P on the page, then each week I printed out the report of her grades because that shows the results of the in activity online quizes and the amount of time she spent on each activity. The 2 courses that we used other curricula for--Latin and California history--I turned in worksheets. That seemed to satisfy school district auditors. We are in California, son't know about where you are. Any journal writing (you know those activities that tell the student to write in his journal) I printed out (my granddaughter does those on computer as she suffers from severe dysgraphia. This worked for us for a year and a half. She is no longer in the Charter School as she completed all the work for 4th grade by Christmas and tested at 6th grade or higher in every subject and they would not advance her onto the 5th grade. We are using the same curricul we have used to 2 years--T4L, Lively Latin, and Splas social studies. The only thing is now I do not have to turn in anything to anyone.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Sounds like your solution worked out well Monnalu! I only have to answer to my cover school (which is different than a charter school) only twice a year and they don't want anything nearly that detailed. I'm glad you are not having to turn anything in to anyone else, sure makes homeschooling easier doesn't it?
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!