Help getting started
    gingerdom is offline Junior Member

Default Help getting started

My son is in 6th grade and we are pulling him out of public school to start homeschooling him starting Monday. He has dyslexia so is about a year behind reading level wise, but on level for everything else. I feel like there are concepts he missed in 5th grade, so I was going to start him on 5th grade LA. My question is, if there is a subject area that he knows, how easy is it to skip it and move on to the next. Starting mid year with this, I am not sure the best course of action. Also, are there printable homework sheets or study guides available through this program?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. There are printable worksheets available for many lessons. You can find them within the lesson plans/scope and sequence when you are logged in as a parent or beneath the lesson icon marked as "Resource" when your student is logged in.

Some parents look at the scope and sequence and start their child a little below where they "think" they are working. Then, they have the student take each chapter test BEFORE doing the lessons in the chapter. If they do well on the test, they do not do the lessons in that chapter. They move on and try the chapter test at the end of the NEXT chapter. If they do not do well on the test, they do the lessons and try the test again. In this way, the student is only studying material they have not yet learned and can usually proceed more quickly.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!