Honors Algebra (Pre)
    Boxman83 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Honors Algebra (Pre)

Just a quick question. My daughter is starting grade 4 in T4L and I see Honors Algebra (Pre).
    I would like to know if this is something a 4th grader should be taking or if this is something for older students? In grade 3 she just barely touched on the basics of algebra. Thanks

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

This is pre-algebra, usually intended for advanced seventh and eighth graders. I have actually used it as "algebra" for my ninth grade kids.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Boxman83 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure because it is showing up as an option and I wasn't sure what it was. Thanks again.

Elia12 is offline Junior Member

My son is in 7th grade, and between the honors pre algebra and the regular math, that's a LOT of math! Is the pre-algebra supposed to be completed in one year, along with the regular math?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Elia, Honors Algebra is intended for advanced middle schoolers. It should be chosen INSTEAD OF eighth grade math.

Most basic math concepts have been introduced by sixth grade. Seventh and eighth grade math expands on the concepts (larger numbers, more steps in the problems). Some students don't need that degree of practice. They just understand how the simpler concepts apply to larger numbers intuitively. Those students might want to consider Honors Algebra instead, to get a jump on high school math.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!