LA Extensions

Thread: LA Extensions

nasja16 is offline Junior Member

Default LA Extensions

Hello! My daughter and I are new to homeschooling and time4learning. I am wondering how the stories that are listed under the parent's resources are related to the student's assignments. For instance, I have information for the story Surviving Applewhites, but this story isn't showing under me daughter's lesson plan.

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: LA Extensions

What grade level are you working on?

Hello Robin. My name is Natasha. She is working on 8th grade work. Also I am experiencing an issue with the plug-ins for Adobe Shockwave player. I installed it on internet explorer, it was working and then it started freezing up. Do you have any suggestions?

Hello Robin! My name is Natasha. Thank you for responding. She is in the 8th grade. Also I was wondering if I am doing something wrong. We are also experiencing issues with plug-ins. I downloaded Adobe Shockwave player, using internet explorer browser, but her Algebra kept freezing up on her. I'm unsure how to get it to work on Google Chrome. Do you have any suggestions?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome, nasja16!

To resolve your computer issues, please run the following system check. Click on the link and then click on the blue Check System arrow. It only takes a minute or so to run. You should then see all green indicators in the Results column. If you see any red indicators, it means something needs to be updated or installed on your computer. Look in the first column across from the red indicator for a link to perform the installation or upgrade. Time4Learning System Check

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you have information about Surviving the Applewhites but it isn't showing in her lesson plan. Surviving the Applewhites is listed in the Lesson Plans/Scope and sequence in the middle of the third chapter. Does that help?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thanks Kelly for the assistance, however when I clicked on link it did take me to the page, I have all question marks for those, which means not tested, when I tried to test it, it continue to say "checking" for a very long time. I finally just clicked out of it. So, unfortunately I'm still experiencing problems. I also went to each one and clicked on the "here" to see if program is already installed on my computer, but it didn't tell me that it was eventhough, I know I have them installed such as Adobe Shockwave.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

It might be installed but my guess, from what you describe, is that you need to update your Flash (even if it is already installed). When you update it, pay close attention and click the option to allow automatice updates so you don't have this problem in the future. You can download it here: https://get.adobe.com/shockwave/ The download will over-ride your previous version, resulting in an upgrade.

You also might try running the system check again. It is functioning on the three computers and browsers that I just tried it on. It could be that your Internet connection is a bit unstable.

I'm assuming you are on a typical laptop or pc. If you are using a mobile device, many of them do not support Flash. If that is the case, you need to install the free Puffin Academy app and access Time4Learning through the app instead of through your browser.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!