Middle school science
    mams99 is offline Junior Member

Default Middle school science

My son is starting 6th grade - it gave me a choice of earth, physical and living sciences are all three... Question is - is the "all three" a bit of each to be spread out all through the 3 year of middle school? Or, is it speeding through all three in one year? I can't quite figure it out.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Middle school science

Hi. The middle school science courses are each designed to last an entire traditional school year.

There is no order in which they must be taken, so middle school students can decide which year they want to take each course.

Or, many families like to do things their own way. It would be a challenge to speed through all three courses in one year, but a motivated, science-loving student could do that. Or someone who likes variety could do one-third of each course for three years. There are unlimited scheduling options, and you may do what you wish . . . but, as a jumping-off point, the three courses are designed to take three years: one year each.

The Nature of Science is different. It is a one-semester (half year) course that can complement any science curriculum (or I've actually used it as "science" for a fourth and fifth grader). It covers lab safety, lab equipement and its use, how to measure and record data, the scientific method, and other things of value to students taking any science course. If you schedule it out over a year's time, your student will be doing The Nature of Science approximately twice a week.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

lamb is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Middle school science

The middle school science looks awesome. My son isn't old enough for it yet, but I can't wait till he can next year!