Neding help

Thread: Neding help

stephanieblunk is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Neding help

I am considering using this program for my daughter. I have had to withdraw her from school as of today. If she completes the program sepcified for the 8th grade how does she get the credit for it IF I decide to enroll her at school for her freshman year? Do I get something as well, like a report card so to speak? Can I use this program only? I just need help.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Stephanie!

Time4Learning is a resource not an accredited school, so she does not receive report cards and such. You can, however, print all her records, or download them to your computer. When you enroll her back in school, they will not ask for her records from homeschool. Most will give her a placement test to make sure she is ready for the grade she will be entering...9th grade.

The curriculum is aligned to state and national standards is works fine as a stand alone curriculum, but you might want to supplement with things she is interested in learning. She will have access to 7th and 8th grade. This is good because you might want to use some the lessons in certain subjects. Be sure to let them know you want algebra, it is included as a bonus. After one month, you ask for the art program. It is also a bonus program and is very good.

I suggest you look around Vocabulary Spelling City as a supplement. They have a free program and a premium program. I recently upgraded to the premium because I wanted more of the vocabulary program for my DD. Another good site for supplementing is Vocabulary Is Fun. It is a totally free site,and goes up to 12th grade. It is games based.

Be sure to check out Let's Homeschool High School. I know she is only in 8th right now, but now is the time to start preparing for high school. They have so much to offer. They are also on FB.

Here is an e-book written by homeschooling families just for new homeschooling families. It is comprehensive without being overwhelming.

Here are tips and tricks for using Time4Learning.

Best wishes and keep us informed.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie