Need more Hands-on!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jennrip

Thread: Need more Hands-on!

BillFam is offline Junior Member

Default Need more Hands-on!

Are there any options for hands-on curriculum for 7th grade like, say for example, science experiments? My son is so bored with the same old online format every day.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I have looked at the scope and sequence, noted what's coming up, and Googled something like "science labs mass" to get some ideas. I also go to Amazon.com and buy cheap science kits, whether they relate to what my kids are currently learning in their online lessons or not.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Lee-Bergeron is offline Junior Member Newbie

I also like handson assignments. I believe they learn better to do the experiment then looking at it on a computer.

Lee Bergeron

Google "project based learning" It completely changed my teaching perspective. We have taken breaks from the curriculum- my sweet ADHD kiddo has to change up the curriculum about every 3 weeks or we all lose it But the T4L curriculum is a good backbone for the education- and it keeps us from arguing when the computer teaches her a good percentage of the time instead of her old mama
    Echap77 likes this.