Need MS Physical Science Supply List
    myvision is offline Junior Member

Default Need MS Physical Science Supply List

HI,

Does anyone have a list of the Science supplies for MS Physical Science?

Thank you

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! In all of the MS science lessons, the student simply watches the online teacher perform any experiments. There are no supplies needed.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

JET

Hi there!
    No 'offline' experiments strikes me as a bit of a shallow and depressing way to learn Sciences, and I'm concerned about my children missing out on the hands-on and FUN of this discipline. Can anyone offer any feedback about their child's experience with the Middle School Science curriculum? Do the online experiments involve the student enough to provide a deep understanding of the material?
    TIA

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. It's me again! Hopefully others will come along with their opinions. I can share that, after years of Mom providing loads of hands-on experiences for my kids (because I thought it was fun!), my own kids were relieved to just be able to watch someone else do it. Students are all different but, as a general observation, younger students are more likely to require the tactile experience of doing it themselves. My older kids, being efficiency-minded, just wanted to get it done. The four older ones have all attended, graduated from, or are currently attending college, so it has worked well for them. Of course, there are very tactile learners that will need the labs . . . and some students just enjoy hands-on work.

We've done chemistry sets and make-your-own-bubblegum sets for Christmas and birthdays, so they have understood how to set up labs. It's just been very casual in our family (after the early elementary years).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!