New to Home schooling
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By obrienmandy077

Thread: New to Home schooling

obrienmandy077 is offline Junior Member

Question New to Home schooling

Hello, I have 2 boys that i will be home schooling and am wondering if there is a subject matter that is mandatory in TN. Im set on Reading, Writing, Math, Science of choice i.e. horticulture, geology, medicine; American History. These are the ones I want to do. but is there something I should be teaching for testing purposes?

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

I'm in NY, so I don't know the TN requirements. Try doing a web search and see what you come up with.

How old are your boys and what grades are they in?
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Families from Each State is the link to the state forums page. Click it then scroll down to Tennessee. The TN state forum might be a great place to ask TN specific questions!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Default thank you

My boys are 10 (4th grade) and 15 (10th grade) They were a/b students last year and this year d/f students. my county also implemented common core this year. Im wondering if they are related? I was planning on doing this for over a year. i just finally jumped in after seeing them struggle. I have a 'special' one too. He is 11 (6th grade) he was always a (c) student and that grade reflected changes to get it there. Now this year he is my a/b student. I just cant stand back and watch this happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by obrienmandy077 View Post
    Hello, I have 2 boys that i will be home schooling and am wondering if there is a subject matter that is mandatory in TN. Im set on Reading, Writing, Math, Science of choice i.e. horticulture, geology, medicine; American History. These are the ones I want to do. but is there something I should be teaching for testing purposes?
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.

Thank you ill will check that out