New to homeschooling and new to Time 4 Learning
    jenngrah is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile New to homeschooling and new to Time 4 Learning

Hello, I just started homeschooling my 10 y.o. son and my 12 y.o. daughter. I felt like I needed something to help so it's not JUST me, as I work full time as well. Just started Time 4 Learning and so far, so good. I feel like my kids are behind though. It's been a slow process getting a routine down. I'm really hoping this site helps.

YesiHomeschool is offline Junior Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of homeschooling.
    Dawne

Mama to: DD19, DS18, DD16, DS13, DS10
    Foster-StepGrandMa to: DGS 5
    YesiHomeschool

jenngrah is offline Junior Member Newbie

So, my children started doing the Time4Learning lessons yesterday. I reviewed their lessons today and the results of their quizzes are all failing grades! I'm at a loss for words. This is what scares me the most about homeschooling....I'm screwing up their education. Any advice would be appreciated.

bbooth is offline Member

Welcome! You will find that homeschooling is actually pretty fun! Time4Learning is a good program for kiddos of all ages and the best part is that they work th their own pace. Hope you enjoy T4L as much as we do!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

First let me welcome you to T4L. Then let me reassure you that you are not screwing up their education! Since you just started Time4Learning this was their first day. Everyone needs a little time to adjust from what they were doing to a new way of doing school. Sometimes that means a decompression period. Sometimes that means just figuring out what the new curriculum expect. Please do not give up yet! How old are your children? Did you sit with them the first day through? Sometimes kids zip through the lessons because they can, not because they are being bad or deceptive, but because they have never been given the opportunity to zip through before. My advice would be to take a deep breath, and ask your kids to take the quizzes again. Sit with them, and guide them through the quiz process, asking them to take special care in answering. If they still do not pass, then go back through those lessons with the quiz questions in mind, and point out the important things. Then let them quiz again. Sometimes it just takes a little bit of time to figure out what is expected. Stay strong, and know we are here to lend advice should you need it!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Hi, I just started here and i'm so completely lost.
    what did you do on your first day?