Parental control software
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lovehmschlg
  • 1 Post By MamaToHerRoo
  • 1 Post By monicawhite748

Thread: Parental control software

barbara75 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Parental control software

The thread is about setting up parental control software on the home PC that I use also during home classes. I am not able to accompany my kids all the time while he's using the computer, that's why I would like to ask you what parental control software is the best, it has to be easy to use and working on windows 7 system.

Thanks in advance !

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

For Parental Control, we use Covenant Eyes. We get a report that shows us any web sites that have been visited.
    In the past I have also just used the parental control that comes with Windows. It allows me to block certain web sites and limit the time they can use the computer. For example, for some time I was working a part-time. So I would block any internet access during the time I was not home and from 10pm to 8am.
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the reply Janet! We don't use parental control software at all (my daughter is extremely "legalistic" and tells on herself even when there is no need!). I didn't even know that software came with Windows, might check it out just in case.
    SnickerJunky likes this.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

monicawhite748 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lovehmschlg View Post
    So I would block any internet access during the time I was not home and from 10pm to 8am.
    I know that's an old topic but I've got the same problem so I decided to search someting on this forum... I work as a hairdresser and I don't have time to sit with my daughter all day so it's impossible to control what she's doing behind the computer screen... I also block any internet access when I'm away from home but I'm using the PCWebControl (you can read more about it onhttp://www.pcwebcontrol.com ) and for me it's the best Parental Control program for Windows operating systems. What's the best- by using it you can get reports of your kids activity in internet and you can make black list with pages that you don't like him to see... For me it's a must to use parental control cause as a parents we have to protect them from the dark side of the Internet...
    Last edited by monicawhite748; 11-27-2014 at 07:05 AM.
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.