Question about Gradebook
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 3boysandi
  • 1 Post By Ourfamilyof5

Thread: Question about Gradebook

monnalu is offline Member

Default Question about Gradebook

When my student clicks on Gradebook icon on her home page it says there is nothing assigned. I tried going back into the Activity Scheduler to assign a specic LA to a specific day and still she is told nothing is assigned. How is this tool used? I need to find out this year while she is still in a public charter school with homeschool benefits. I will be registering our own school next school year because she is unhappy with her charter school--she has completed 4th grade work and test (on their specific God-forsaken tests) at mid-6th grade level in every subject. But they still will not advance her to 5th grade--this school district does not believe in skipping grades which she is not because she is doing the required work for each grade level as she progresses. Anyway, in California, homeschoolers must keep certain records and I thought the gradebook would be a good addition to he rportfolia. Please tell me how to use it or what I am doing wrong.

3boysandi is offline Junior Member

Hi Monnalu,

I was wondering the same thing tonight!
    amygailanderson likes this.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Perhaps I am not understanding the question. You can get to your students grades and reports through the portfolio icon. It is generally the 2nd icon down on the left side. You can see what they have done for the day, the week, or month, or you can request a report by clicking report and sorting on the subject, type of activity, and date range. Does this help answer your questions? If not, please ask me again and I will try to answer you ! Thanks!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Ourfamilyof5 is offline Junior Member

I'm not positive, but I think I was told that the Gradebook function is only for people using the program in schools--because teachers can assign the items and grade them themselves? I could be wrong though...
    bbooth likes this.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

As far as I know this is true, I've never even looked at Gradebook because I know that certain functions are for a "school" environment and not availabe for homeschoolers. The Portfolio will provide all the record keeping functionality you will probably need.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

bbooth is offline Member

I had also wondered about the grade book function and was told that it is only used in schools.