Question regarding Core Subjects...
    takestime2educate is offline Junior Member

Question Question regarding Core Subjects...

I generated a yearly lesson plan and in the Activity Planner there is 2 different science sections. It is very confusing when they try to go in order on the lessons because when I go to check them off in the activity planner I cant find which one they did. The LA# are not matching up. My question is should she be taking a 6th grade Science and a MS Earth Science? It is labeled MS Nature of Science in one section and MS Earth Science in another. Should I take one out and if so, how should I do that? Thank You for your responses.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi, it is my understanding that the "old" 6th grade science will be phased out and then the middle school science will be the three "MS" sciences. When you choose one of the MS sciences you are given access to the Nature of Science. From what I can tell Nature of Science is like a general science introduction and is intended for one semester. The other MS science are considered a full year course. Feel free to adapt the course work however your think is best for your child. My daughter would do every single lesson in every single science course I could offer her so I have never considered taking any lessons out. If your child needs fewer lessons or you don't want both the MS science and the Nature of Science course to run at the same time you can just ask your daughter to only work in one science course at a time. As for the technical part of removing a course so it doesn't look available you might try emailing the Support staff by clicking the link. They might be able to tell you how make it the way you would like it to be. I'm not sure if I answered your questions but I hope I helped in some way! Let us know how things go!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

takestime2educate is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the info.....I have her working on both at the same time now. The confusion was a mistake in the lesson plan when it was generated, which the support team did a great job in correcting. We have been going for a month now and I think we have gotten the hang of things and have all the kinks worked out. My kids love this program.

I am so glad that everything is working out both in getting the kinks work out and that your children love T4L. I have to tell you that my daughter loves it too and I can't imagine any other way of homeschooling now. Feel free to ask any questions your make comments around the forum, we'd love to see you around!
    Linda

brill is offline Member

Is Middle School Science enough for Grade 5-7?or should we add something more in MS Science curriculum?Suggestions?

Each MS Science course should be roughly enough for a year with the exception of the "Nature of Science" course. That one might not be a full year, maybe more like a half credit?

If you don' t feel like the material is enough, you could add your own materials to extend the learning. Also, at least for now the "old" science courses are available to draw further materials from.
    Linda