Science Question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By onlyme4430

Thread: Science Question

hzritter is offline Member

Default Science Question

So for 7-8 grade there are 4 Sciences. Wondering are we suppose to break those down say 2 for each grade? Right now we are doing all four each day and I'm a little over whelmed with Science right now. Plus with it being 4 different types of Science we are confusing them.
    Help Please?

onlyme4430 is offline Member

my understanding is that the science courses are meant to be completed throughout grades 6-8. so for my 7th grader, i knew he had already covered physical science and earth space science previously so we chose to start with Nature of Science. Once those lessons are completed, we'll start Life Science. you can also look at your local school district or state education website's scope and sequence for the grade level your child is in to see what they typically cover for that grade in your local public school system to get a better idea. Or just pick the one your child is most interested in...whatever works best for your child!
    hzritter likes this.

hzritter is offline Member

Oh, Thank you! This will make our week less stressful. Lol, I cant believe I was trying to get them all in for 1 school year. Well this morning I will be making a new generated lesson plan.

haynesmyway98 is offline Junior Member

I was kinda wondering the same thing I signed my son up for 7th grade science and it gave him two science classes is it supposed to be 2 if not how do i change it?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You choose which science class to do each year (although there is nothing stopping you from doing more or switching classes). You can change courses by logging in to your parent account and selecting Change Grade Level under Makes Changes to My Account. Choose your student's name from the left sidebar. Choose the science course you want from the dropdown menu under "Science". This change will be made for you within 24 hours (longer on weekends or holidays).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

onlyme4430 is offline Member

glad i could help