Tests?

Thread: Tests?

ElysiumAcademy is offline Junior Member

Default Tests?

I'm brand new to using T4L and homeschooling in general. When I found T4L it looked like a great option for my 5th grader. I signed up and we began today. But while I was looking over the lesson plans in math I noticed that there is a quiz at the end of each lesson but I didn't find any chapter or unit tests? I know when I was looking over what was offered with this program tests were specifically mentioned. Am I looking in the wrong place?

onlyme4430 is offline Member

the quizzes are the tests from my understanding...although we use the 7th grade curriculum. all of his math lessons have just had quizzes but his social studies does have chapter tests. you could also make up your own "tests" using the worksheets too if you wanted

ElysiumAcademy is offline Junior Member

That is a great idea. Thank you.

hzritter is offline Member

Elysium remember with math test aren't as important as making sure the understanding is there and the knowledge of the formulas that need to be used. Math is a subject that is black and white if you use it on a regular bases you will remember. Its when you don't use it that you loose it. I haven't done math in 2 years so I am doing a lot of dusting off the cobwebs you might say. I like the way it is set up because a test doesn't define our kids and testing is one of the reason we are now homeschooling.