US Constitution

Thread: US Constitution

nasja16 is offline Junior Member

Default US Constitution

Hello! My daughter is in the 8th grade. She is using the 7th grade Social Studies since that is the only option available. However, I am concerned because there is a requirement for students to take the US Constitution. I'm trying to find out where she will take it and where I can get her the study items for it?

Thank you,

Natasha

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: US Constitution

Chapter Five in seventh grade social studies teaches all about the U.S. constitution. It is covered in more detail in the high school government course.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thank you for replying. But from my understanding students are required to take the US Constitution test in the 8th grade by law. Am I mistaken?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nasja16 View Post
    Thank you for replying. But from my understanding students are required to take the US Constitution test in the 8th grade by law. Am I mistaken?

I've never seen that required, but admittedly I'm not familiar with the laws of every state. Where are you located?
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, again, nasja!

Time4Learning includes lesson quizzes and chapter tests, but they aren't providers of any standardized tests that many states require. That will be the case with any curriculum you choose to use. A homeschool curriculum and a standardized test provider are two different things.

Some online schools arrange for their students to take standardized tests, but Time4Learning is not a school. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum.

You can check your state's homeschool laws on your state's Department of Education website. Many states do not require testing of homeschooled students.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Ok, thanks for your help.

Natasha