we are moving!!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaToHerRoo

Thread: we are moving!!

collinsmom01 is offline Junior Member

Default we are moving!!

okay, so we are moving sometime in the next two months and I'm panicking!!!! What happens if in the next few weeks as we are attempting to relocate to a new state we miss a few assignments?? My son has really been doing very well keeping up with the schedule but things are going to get really hectic soon. If we miss some, will we not be considered completed for the 6th grade? My son really doesn't want to be doing school into summer. It wouldn't be a problem but I have to sit here with my son the entire time he does school each day since he has Aspergers Syndrome. Yikes?! Also, I'm moving from Missouri to Minnesota, is there anything I need to do in that regard?? HELP!!! Husband is transferring and the trips back and forth are a hassle.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi Collin's Mom!
    Having moved in the last 2 years I completely understand your concerns!
    Here's the advice I would offer...
    1. Don't worry too much about missed lessons. Part of the beauty of homeschooling is the flexibility. If your son will tolerate it just add an extra lesson or two a week when you get settled in and see how close that gets you to the end of the courses.
    2. I know that T4L offers more lessons that my child would get to in public school where I live so even if we didn't complete every lesson she would still get at least as much as they get in public school.
    3. Check with the Minnesota Dept of Ed to see what the requirements are to homeschool. Also check out the Minnesota state forum on T4L.
    4 Check with the Missouri Dept of Ed to see what they require to clear his record there.
    5 Be kind and patient both w/your son & your self. Moving can be stressful. Fortunately he doesn't have to change schools or be the "new kid" in class!

Good luck!
    collinsmom01 likes this.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

collinsmom01 is offline Junior Member

Super helpful! Thanks a bunch! You're saying that the amount he does is really up to me then, I guess. I love this curriculum and am so thankful for the flexibility!