Where's Jack Riley?? and "Lego Ergo Sum"?!! and the fun??
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Renegade mom

Thread: Where's Jack Riley?? and "Lego Ergo Sum"?!! and the fun??

Renegade mom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Post Where's Jack Riley?? and "Lego Ergo Sum"?!! and the fun??

For the past few months we have tried earnestly to adapt to changes made to T4L 4th grade but we have become VERY unhappy campers. We used to LOVE Jack Riley in particular, the Lego Ergo Sum, and the visual presentation of the READING in LA, but now, LA is very bland... just a person talking and babyish little birds at the beginning and end. Geez, the other way was a lot less babyish!! And my daughter was actually LEARNING and ENJOYING IT. Now, for the past SEVERAL lessons and compass writers, they've used the same two stories over and over and over. If we wanted bland, we could go to public school, right? And I looked and clicked high and low and there was nothing- I repeat, NOTHING - available anywhere in my child's login to learn metric. It just busted right into Independent practice and expected her to know it. A few other snags keep happening too.

I understand wanting the emphasis to be on academics, and one kiddo's maturity level may be different from another, but 4th grade LA used to be pretty fun, and even got a chuckle from the adults now and then... and that appears to be completely gone now. I think T4L has made a mistake on calling for those changes.

When learning becomes "not fun" anymore, at least in our case, the child's learning and retention of anything comes to a screeching halt. This makes me sad, since T4L had previously been helpful in record keeping and giving me an idea of "what to do next". I believe we are going to have to find another way to do 5th grade. It sure was fun for the first 5 months...
    drlaraclinton likes this.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Are they gone completely? My kids still have them, but there are new lessons too. The new lessons are marked in red on the lesson plans. They can be skipped without any problem.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!