worksheets and test
    paula1966 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default worksheets and test

I am confused on getting worksheets for my child. I am also confused on test do they automatically give the test on lines after each lesson. Also when my son logs on he does all seven subjects listed in order is that correct. I just want to make sure he is doing all this correctly. Thank you

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Paula! Seven subjects? Usually, students do math, language arts, language arts extensions, social studies, and science. I'm wondering if you are doing all three MS science courses, instead of just choosing one? The MS science courses are designed to last an entire traditional school year (except Nature of Science, which is supplemental to any course and lasts a term). Of course, you can do all of them if you wish, but that's a challenging schedule for most students!

If there is a worksheet to go along with a lesson, you can find it two places. It will appear beneath the lesson activity icon when your child is logged in. You will see a link marked "Resource". It will also appear within the lesson plans/scope and sequence when you are logged in as a parent.

Quizzes and chapter tests are separate activity icons. They appear in order, just like your student's lesson activity icons.

Do log in to your parent account, read the help topics, and view the instructional videos. They will help you learn how the program works.

As for doing it "correctly" (what order to do subjects in and so forth) . . . that is entirely up to you! Time4Learning is not a school. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum, so the parent is the teacher of record and makes all these decisions. T4L provides the curriculum and you use it your way. Of course, there is a recommended sequence, and newcomers often choose to follow it . . . but you are free to mix and match courses and grade levels or schedule things however you wish.

To figure out what's "next" in a subject, your child should click on a subject icon (like "math") and then click on the first icon that does not contain a check mark. They will be taken to another page of icons, where they should again click on the first icon that does not contain a check mark. They will be taken to another page of icons, where they should again click on the first icon that does not contain a check mark to access the "next" activity in sequence.

In this way, your student is "opening the textbook" (clicking on the subject icon), "finding the chapter" (clicking on the first unchecked icon), "finding the lesson" (clicking on the first unchecked icon), and "accessing the activity".

I hope this helps to explain how things are laid out. Be sure to ask if you have more questions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

kmizell is offline Junior Member

I have been having my daughter do all the sciences in 7th grade. I thought she needed all of them, so she only needs to complete one, if so does it matter which one?

I figured it out!!
    Last edited by kmizell; 09-16-2015 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Found my answer

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Beginning in middle school, students are usually given more choices. As homeschoolers, we are sometimes used to using a canned curriculum that includes "sixth grade math" and "eighth grade social studies". In schools, students are usually required to take, for example, two science courses during the middle school years . . . but they get to choose which two.

So, a middle school science course is a middle school science course! It doesn't matter which year your child does them.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

kmizell is offline Junior Member

Thank you!!