Strongly Considering Time4Learning
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By blheim89
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy
  • 1 Post By blheim89

Thread: Strongly Considering Time4Learning

blheim89 is offline Junior Member

Default Strongly Considering Time4Learning

Hi! I am a mom of a child going into 5th grade. She was previously in an online public school that lost their charter so we are now looking at homeschooling. I am currently in college so I'm thinking that T4L would make the process much easier and less stressful for myself. Having been in online public school for 4 years already, I'm also confident that my daughter would easily adjust to T4L. I have pretty much completely decided on T4L but have a couple of questions/concerns. I have researched and made myself aware of the laws in GA for homeschoolers so meeting those requirements is not a concern.

My daughter was in Gifted and Talented classes in her online public school so I want to make sure that she continues working above her grade level. My biggest fear is not challenging her enough to progress at her full potential so I want to make sure T4L will meet her needs.

Also, I am very much a Type A personality and like to have a plan, not necessarily a strict day to day schedule but a weekly plan for what needs to get accomplished. We are planning to start school on August 3 so I am trying to decide when I should sign-up for T4L to have time to organize and plan our first few weeks out.

Thank you for any help/advice! It is much appreciated.
    JohnEdelson likes this.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Strongly Considering Time4Learning

Hi. Welcome to the forum!

I'm a planner, too. I allowed myself a whole week to look things over during odd times throughout the day and set up a plan. I did spend a whole lot of that time simply previewing the lessons myself.

Everyone is different in the amount of time they need for planning. I actually enjoy the lessons, so I probably take longer than most people would.

A lot of people just sign up and have their child jump right in; then they learn along the way, too. It's easier if you first at least understand where to view reports, access worksheets and answer keys, and deal with writing assignments.

We hope you'll stick around and share how things are going for you!
    JohnEdelson likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Awesome! Thank you so much for the quick response. I was thinking a week or so would probably be sufficient! I feel even better about that after hearing it from a fellow planner. Lol!
    JohnEdelson likes this.

Robin is offline Senior Member

I would spend a lot of time planning. A LOT. But I found that using the built-in activity planner made my life much easier. Then each week, I would go in and see what needed to be done. I'd copy it to my own planner (I love writing things down) and go from there.

Oh, and welcome!

Thanks so much! I've been planning based on our online public school experience and already feel like this will be much less stressful for both of us. Hoping that it's still challenging enough for my daughter though. I just feel like they did so much unnecessary work there.
    I like writing things down as well and making lists which I've already been doing A LOT of!