About to give up and cancel
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: About to give up and cancel

dad4learning is offline Junior Member

Default About to give up and cancel

I've been with Time4Learning for about 4 days and each day I spent roughly 2 hours to figure out how this thing working and I got to a point of giving up and cancel my service with Time4Learning.

1. Their support phone number is not working
    2. Their email support never answered
    3. Confusing user interface. Confusing for parents and even more confusing for kids.
    4. Old help documents (They not even updated their help document even though their system updated)

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. I'm surprised you haven't been able to reach Time4Learning by phone or email. Emails are answered with 24 hours (business days) and Time4Learning has a reputation for excellent phone support.
    Call Time4Learning: Hours: Weekdays - 8:30am to 7:00pm (6pm on Fridays) EST
    Phone: (888) 771-0914

Time4Learning does provide a lot of resources, and that can be confusing at first. Parents should not expect to be able to sign up (for this or any new curriculum) and begin without doing a little studying themselves first. Time4Learning is not a school. Time4Learning is a curriculum for parents to use to teach their own children.

The best place to begin is to log in to your parent account and check out the info under "Start Here/How to Begin". These are kept updated . . . except for the Activity Scheduler instructions, which is missing two new features which were just added. Here is detailed info on using the Activity Scheduler, with its new features: https://www.time4learning.net/forum/m...ng-days-21709/

If you have specific questions, please feel free to post them here. We can help better if we know your student's grade level. It really can be confusing at first but, if you hang in there, you'll be answering other people's questions on this forum before too long.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

TxBrandi is offline Junior Member

I am also surprised you are not getting any help. I have both called and e-mailed. When I called, I got someone right away -without hold time or anything (two different times). I was also answered via e-mail within 24 hours when I asked a not so important question through e-mai.

Once you figure it out, it is really easy. it took me a few days to get really comfortable.

SnickerJunky is offline Junior Member

I had also mentioned last week that I have never received an email reply to my questions, either. And for me, email is easiest because my phone loses signal easily in my house. It's very frustrating. I've emailed twice and didn't get a reply either time. I've checked my spam blockers and junk mail folders and everything is where it should be. Frustrating, for sure.

monnalu is offline Member

I also have never received a response to emails. Not even the automated "your message has been received." I have never had a major question, but did want a question answered. That is the worst part about T4L. Seems they answer emails from certain people, but not the average user. Sorry, but I have been with them for almost 2 years and have NEVER had an email responded to.

I have gotten the automated reply both times, just never an answer to my questions. Monnalu, maybe they don't have the right email for you. I know the first time I wrote, I had entered my email wrong and sent it off and it doesn't tell you if they have no such email. Luckily, I caught my mistake after I did it and sent the same question again with the right email, and got my automated response. Just...still no answer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by monnalu View Post
    I also have never received a response to emails. Not even the automated "your message has been received." I have never had a major question, but did want a question answered. That is the worst part about T4L. Seems they answer emails from certain people, but not the average user. Sorry, but I have been with them for almost 2 years and have NEVER had an email responded to.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Most of the time this happens, it's due to the email going to a spam folder or something else blocking it. Time4Learning's email support is staffed by many people, and there is no way for them to "target" certain members to not receive a response. One email being unanswered might be understandable, since the email support workers are all human, but if the same member never gets a response, I would suspect a block of some kind. You can also check your parent login to be sure your email address is listed correctly. It must be frustrating to compose an email and not receive a response.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Well, if I'm getting the automated response, I should get their human reply, right? So they're not blocked and the addresses are correct. Well, mine, anyway. I religiously check my spam folders so I know they're not going there. I haven't tried again since the 23rd of August, so I hopefully next time I need them, they'll reply.

kvmolino is offline Junior Member Newbie

From the standpoint of an email administrator--yes, you are correct, **IF** the human reply also comes from [email protected] If the human reply comes from a help technician's personal email, then maybe not. But as you say you're checking your SPAM so that should cover either scenario. For what it's worth, I also sent several email support requests and got no reply. But I also like others on this thread have had terrific luck on the phone. For those who can get online in the home but have phone difficulties, which we used to have til we switched providers, maybe Skype or Google Voice? Just a thought. Also a thought, wonder if email support staff is beefed up during the school year and we might have better luck? All really just to say you're not alone in your frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by SnickerJunky View Post
    Well, if I'm getting the automated response, I should get their human reply, right? So they're not blocked and the addresses are correct. Well, mine, anyway. I religiously check my spam folders so I know they're not going there. I haven't tried again since the 23rd of August, so I hopefully next time I need them, they'll reply.
    SnickerJunky likes this.

Default Me too!

I'm having the same problem!

I signed my son up on Wed, Sept 3rd, and he was mistakingly placed into the wrong level. I emailed them that day and got an automated reply. I have not heard from them so we've not been able to access the correct curriculum for five days now. I've checked my junk folder. Nothing. That's not the kind of customer service I want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast