Assignments???
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Assignments???

jrm060677 is offline Junior Member

Default Assignments???

I can't figure out how to set up assignments. Only the schedule for activities. Am I missing a step or something.
    ewells314 likes this.

magicalmomof3 is offline Junior Member

From my understanding (I could be wrong) the assignments feature is disabled for non public school users. The activity scheduler should be sufficient to guide your child for lessons each day. I would be more then happy to discuss options and ways to utilize T4L to meet your needs and expectations. We are new to the high school level but used this for elementary and middle school levels off and on.

Hi. Ok. I am totally new to the homeschooling and I have a highschooler. I was just going to ask about the Assignments tab. I couldn't figure out why there wasn't any activities showing up in it. Like I said, I am very much new to this and feel somewhat lost. However, I am trying to work through it, but I feel rather slow about everything. I am now trying to figure out the grading system. I did not realize that a 70 was a failing grade until now. So now I am going to have to have my son retake some of the tests he failed. I was thinking he had passed them. haha! Boy do I have a lot to learn. My printer is acting up so I cannot even grade his Writing assignments. I have some catching up to do. Thanks for the heads up!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Pryncess. There's a difference between mastery and "passing". Students and parents should consider mastery a bonus, because it requires a score of eighty percent, which is the equivalent of a B. No one masters everything, all the time.

In most educational settings, a score of seventy is considered acceptable (C . . . which is average), and even a score of 60 might be "passing" (although that's the equivalent of a D and means below average).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

WorkFromHomeGuy is offline Junior Member

I'm also confused on the assignments. I assumed that since it was an option in the parent dashboard, we would be able to see it once creating an activity schedule. However, once loading the student reports it just says no assignments are added or in progress.

If it's disabled, I guess that makes sense to why I can't see assignments, but I'm not sure that it really makes sense to disable a feature that would still be useful for non-public school users.
    melpickles and Votto like this.

But if we can't create assignments, the program doesn't capture grades.

mom2hope is offline Junior Member

I'm confused to about the assignments feature/non feature. Why would it not be there for all paying members? I'm new to the program as well and not even sure I know what it's suppose to do, just know it's not doing anything right now

I also expected my 10th grader would be completing assignments and I could print them for his ES. Not sure what to do now. Can't even print quizes.

tygrdragn is offline Junior Member

Am I reading the Assignment Plan wrong or are all the years (9 months) assignments done before the end of Dec?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Mushiebear, the program will always record time spent on each online activity and a percentage grade. This is independent of any assignments or scheduling function.

Mary, you can log in to your parent account and select your student's name under Student Reports and Information. Then, click on Get Student Reports. Click on the actual Reports tab (instead of the Recent Work tab) to generate a printable report of any of your student's completed work. Within the report, there will be links to the student's completed printable quizzes and tests.

tygrdragn, I need a little more information. Are you looking at a completed plan you have generated?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast