Can I remove certain lessons from dashboard??

Default Can I remove certain lessons from dashboard??

We just joined halfway through third grade, so the activity plan I've created only contains about half a year's worth of lessons. Is there a way to remove the activities that I don't want completed from the dashboard so we don't have so many to thumb through? I'd like to only see the activities that we still need to complete. I'd also like to make a suggestion that if an activity plan is created to be able to select that specific week and only show the lessons planned for that day. I think this would be much easier for the child to navigate and (especially for kids like mine) they don't get overwhelmed having to look through soooo many lessons. Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. You can use the Activity Finder to quickly locate a lesson listed on your plan. It's the little magnifying glass at the lower right when your student is logged in to his or her account. Just type in the lesson activity found next to the lesson activity in your plan.

Time4Learning leases the curriculum. They do not own it, so they are limited in what changes they can make. They have added a lot of features to make a curriculum designed for classroom use work for individuals and families, but they can't alter the program itself. They do pass suggestions on to the developer, so thank you for your input.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

rilbrianne is offline Junior Member

I'm going to bump this thread. We just started homeschooling and are at the end of the year. My kids are finding it incredibly complicated and I find it very difficult to guide them. It would be so very helpful to only see the assignments necessary for each child's specified grade, as well as just the assignments that are selected in the detailed plan. Divorced mom, working full time and we have already wasted a week trying to navigate it. I love the concept but it's not user friendly. My kids already hate it and want to use something else but I am trying very hard to make this work for us. I hope you'll pass this suggestion on to the developer and push them to make these changes. I hope you'll take this as "constructive criticism" because I really do want to stick with T4L.... if I can just narrow down the assignments and make it easier to get through.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Until very recently, parents just told their student something like, "Do three language arts, two math, one science and one social studies activity each day." The activity planner was added to help with navigation. It can be compared to giving a student a textbook and a list of what to do, such as, "Read chapter two and answer the questions on page 114."

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by Compass Learning Odyssey, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license allowing them to offer it to families and individuals. Since Time4Learning leases the curriculum and does not own it, they can add tools to their own website (such as the activity planner), but they can't change the curriculum itself.

Are you having your students use the Activity Finder to locate lesson activities listed in their Activity Plan? The Activity Finder is the little magnifying glass icon at the lower right when they are logged in to their student account. They need only type in the lesson activity number from their Activity Plan to go directly to that activity.

I hope this helps. We do pass on suggestions to the developer of the program, so thank you for yours.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!