Completed Activity Scores?
    jwink is offline Junior Member

Default Completed Activity Scores?

I found an old thread on this, but we are having difficulty after trying the recommendations so I thought I'd ask again. My apologies if it's already been covered!

Quizzes are showing a grade but no other working is showing a score. We are getting a competed check mark which leads me to believe that she is exiting out of the activities properly. When I view the reports from the parent portal, all activities are showing copmpleted with N/A in the score column. Quizzes and tests have a percentage score listed. Is this normal? I'd love to see how she is doing on the activities when I'm not sitting along side her. It would also be more satisfying for her to actually see her score, if possible.

Thanks so much for the help!
    Jennifer

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Completed Activity Scores?

Hi, Jennifer. Some activities aren't scored. They aren't for assessing how the student is doing. They are for teaching the student. Those lessons can be compared to a teacher, standing up in front of the class and explaining how to do something. The students aren't graded on that, even if the teacher asks a few questions along the way to make sure they are understanding.

If your child is disappointed about not having a score for every activity, tell her that would be like ONLY getting worksheets, quizzes, and tests at school, with no instruction on how to do them!

I hope this information is helpful. The N/A in the reports stands for "not applicable". A score does not apply to the teaching activities.

There are some practice activities that are scored, so the student can get an idea of how they are doing. So . . . there are teaching activities (never scored), practice activities (sometimes scored), and assessments (always scored).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!