Do access to classes follow the order of the Activity Schedule Planner?
    yamilka is offline Junior Member

Default Do access to classes follow the order of the Activity Schedule Planner?

Do access to classes follow the order of the Activity Schedule Planner? Let me explain, my daughter has been working on T4L for 4 weeks. I have her only doing Language Arts so far. The classes that she has covered are not in order with the Activity Schedule Planner. So, either the order of classes are not matching the Activity Schedule Planner or my daughter is picking and choosing what to work on. Please help me figure out what is causing the discrepancies. Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello, yamilka! The order is the same. BUT . . . before you chide your daughter for picking and choosing lessons at random, be sure she knows how to navigate.

When you click on a subject icon (such as "language arts), you are clicking on an online "textbook". It takes you to a page of icons representing "chapters". You click on the first chapter icon and you are taken to a page of icons representing "lessons". You click on the first lesson icon and you are taken to a page of icons representing "lesson activities". You click on the first lesson activity to start your work. When you are finished with that lesson activity and have marked it as complete, you need to start the entire process over again to get to the next lesson activity.

Although each completed icon is marked with a checkmark, this can be confusing for some people (especially younger children). They need to be told to click on the first unmarked icon within a subject, then to keep clicking on the first unmarked icon on each page they are taken to until they reach a lesson activity.

To make matters more confusing, test icons aren't checked off when completed, so they need to remember whether or not they have done a test. A good way to remember is to simply check each thing off on the activity schedule when completed. If they aren't sure if they have completed a test, you can find out by looking at their reports.

You can also use the Activity Finder. Once you've clicked on the subject icon, look for the little magnifying glass at the lower, right of the screen. Click on that. Type in the lesson activity number you are trying to access and press "enter". You will be taken directly to that lesson activity, without needing to click through all the icons. The lesson activity number is in the column labeled "LA#" on your schedule.

I like my kids to know how to navigate without using the Activity Finder, because you can't use the Activity Finder to locate tests and knowing the manual navigation makes it easier for them to find tests when they need to.

Hope this helps you find your way around the system!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

yamilka is offline Junior Member

Thank you!