Getting Started Last Quarter
    bliss0320 is offline Junior Member

Default Getting Started Last Quarter

I just signed up and am going to finish my daughters 7th grade year at home. I don't want to go through all the lessons because she has finished so many of them. Can I pick and choose or choose the last few chapters of each subject and have her do them? If she ends up going to a school next year I want her to be able to move to 8th grade and prove that she completed her 7th grade year. We live in Missouri if that helps! Thanks

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Yes, you can begin anywhere in the curriculum. You can pick and choose certain lessons, or begin part-way through and do lessons in sequence. Some parents have their student do the chapter test first, and then they only do the associated lesson material if they score poorly on the test. We provide the curriculum and you use it your way.

It's important to understand that Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum. It is not a school. Schools vary in their willingness to accept homeschool work for credit. The student reports provided by Time4Learning show time spent on each activity and a percentage score. They are for the parent's information. Since Time4Learning is not a school, the student reports will carry the same weight with any future school you might enroll her in as if you had her work from a textbook and kept a list of what she did.

It is not impossible to get a school to accept homeschool work for credit, but it isn't guaranteed and it usually takes some negotiating. Schools do not actually have to accept any work except public school work for credit, but they do tend to accept private school or virtual school work without question, whereas homeschool work is scrutinized. It often depends on the individual you speak with, so if one person won't accept it, see if there is someone "higher up" to talk with.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!