Good first week - I think!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HylianMum
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy
  • 1 Post By home_school_mom

Thread: Good first week - I think!

HylianMum is offline Junior Member

Default Good first week - I think!

So I've been searching the forums and I definitely see that I'm not alone in trying to utilize the activity schedule to it's fullest (seriously, I feel like this feature is worth the price alone!)

One thing I haven't been able to figure out is this: if my child does not complete an activity slated for week 1, will it bump to week 2? Or do I have to put in the notes to make sure they also do that before they move on? Right now we're finding the best success with doing each week schedule, assigning days, printing it out and checking it off. But if they need to "make" up an activity and I don't catch it before they glance it over and throw away the paper, I would like for it to pop up on the next week. Or is this just wishful thinking?

In this vein - I finally scheduled thanksgiving and winter "breaks" so it moved some of the activities around, including putting some extra on the first week which we just finished. Oh! Maybe there's a way to manually move activities?
    vickylmb likes this.

vickylmb is offline Junior Member

I began wondering the same thing. I was so excited about the scheduler, but my daughter got sick and missed a few days and everything got messed up on it. I would love to use it, but we just stopped because of this very problem. Illness, holidays, field trips, or just not completing the assignments... That happens. It was taking up too much time to track her work than to just have her do it. It's a shame because it's such a good idea in theory.

home_school_mom is offline Junior Member

I'm glad I read this because after doing the scheduling, which took me a few tries to get it the way I wanted it. But I forgot all about scheduling in the breaks that we take, especially for the holidays that in a couple of months. I'll have to see how our first couple of weeks go during the 14 day trial before worrying about it. But if we do continue after a couple of weeks, I'll have to redo the schedule and factor in the breaks. Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

No, it doesn't bump the activities to the next week. The activity scheduler is fairly new, and things like the ability to schedule breaks have just been added, so I'll pass on your request.

For my own kids, I just print each week on the weekend before and put it in a notebook for them to check off manually. When I print the next week' schedule, I highlight anything on the previous schedule that they need to re-do (either because I don't think they understood it or because they didn't have time to do it).
    home_school_mom likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

home_school_mom is offline Junior Member

I've been doing the schedule printed out too and it makes it really easy for us now.