Help!

Thread: Help!

Jamie7 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Help!

I have 2 Kindergarten students. I've now spent quite awhile researching and I still do not have a answer. What do I use to teach them HOW to write? Is this in the T4L curriculum or am I supposed to add that myself?
    Thanks
    Jamie

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Jamie. By "write", do you mean composition or penmanship? Time4Learning does not teach penmanship, but there are free penmanship practice pages all over the Internet. Some of my favorites are at the learning page: Penmanship . You'll want their Basics sheets.

If you mean composition . . . Time4Learning teaches composition skills a little later in the program by allowing kindergartners to drag pictures around a page to tell a story. This is the Story Creator function, and it was one of my kids' favorites! Eventually, students are able to drag words to label some of their pictures, then to type a word or two, then they are eventually allowed to drag pictures to illustrate a story at the top of the page, while writing a story of a few sentences at the bottom. By third grade, they are just writing, with no illustrations.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You might also want to look at Pencil Pete, if you are looking for animated handwriting instruction. Letters A-F are free . . . then you have to pay. Penmanship

You can also search Handwriting Instruction on YouTube for some video instruction.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!