Help with Odyssey writer
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimandKaren

Thread: Help with Odyssey writer

JimandKaren is offline Junior Member

Default Help with Odyssey writer

Can someone please help me with the Odyssey writer... My high school student completed three projects last Friday, and I cannot find her work. When I go to her login, it shows the projects are completed in the reports section, but when I click on the link, all I get are blank pages. She has "turned in" her assignments after completing, but I cannot seem to find them. Are we doing something wrong within the writer? She saves her work, and sometimes it does not appear when loading back up later. We are thoroughly confused on how to use the Odyssey writer.. Does anyone know if there is a tutorial available? We must be doing something wrong, just don't know what it is... Frustrated

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You said she is clicking "Hand In". This should cause the grade to show up as a link in her report. (It will say "NA".) Clicking on the link show allow you to view what she has written. If you are getting a blank page, I wonder if it has to do with your computer settings?

Another thing to try is to find out if she is selecting a fictitious teacher to "hand the assignment in to".

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

JimandKaren is offline Junior Member

It does not give us an option to select a teacher to "hand the assignment in to"... just says it has been handed in. As far as computer settings, i followed all steps to setup browser, pop-ups work, video works etc.. this seems to be the only thing we are having problems with... gonna try and muddle through it some more...I think it has to be in the way we are using the software, just have to figure it out... I have noticed that sometimes we have to refresh the page to even get the lesson prompts to appear on the page, and after that, then page 1 will be blank, the prompts are on page 2...??? sounds kinda screwy I know, but this is what we have been going through... Thanks!!!
    Sonshines likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JimandKaren View Post
    Can someone please help me with the Odyssey writer... My high school student completed three projects last Friday, and I cannot find her work. When I go to her login, it shows the projects are completed in the reports section, but when I click on the link, all I get are blank pages. She has "turned in" her assignments after completing, but I cannot seem to find them. Are we doing something wrong within the writer? She saves her work, and sometimes it does not appear when loading back up later. We are thoroughly confused on how to use the Odyssey writer.. Does anyone know if there is a tutorial available? We must be doing something wrong, just don't know what it is... Frustrated
    We are experiencing the same problem. It doesn't give any options to "who" it is tuned in to- just click on "Hand in." Then, I can't find where to go to change the NA to an actual grade!!

Another huge frustration on the Odyssey writer is we have noticed they don't give any clarification on what they are really asking for on assignments. Today, for World History, it ask for notes for "Chronological Order" but we really were not sure for dates on what???

WendyDM is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Same here, Where do I find her writing?

Ok, so she says she turned in writing, but I can't find it. I think I can grade it with the rubric, but its lost in cyberspace evidently.

newbies needing help.
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by JimandKaren View Post

veronica2 is offline Junior Member Newbie

hey Karen! Have you figured this out or has the company at least touched base with you to walk you through it? Cause I'm getting frustrated by the SAME problem--- one came through and no others have ironically and he's doing the right thing. I link on NA and nothing appears... HELP?!!!!

luv4nyyankees is offline Junior Member

I have been having the same issue with my child's Odyssey Writer assignments. She is "handing them in" but when I go to grade the work only a blank page appears. This started happening recently. I do see some of her work from earlier in the year. When we are on her student account and she opens her old assignments that were graded she gets a blank page, so her work is not being stored I assume. We could really use some help with this issue. We are both frustrated with the amount of time and effort she has put into these assignments that seem to disappear.

Blog Entries

Often the assignment is on the second page. Look at the lower, right for some tiny numbers. Click on the numbers to navigate between pages of the assignment.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

luv4nyyankees is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Often the assignment is on the second page. Look at the lower, right for some tiny numbers. Click on the numbers to navigate between pages of the assignment.
    Thank you for such a quick response. I have looked through most of her O.W.s and they all say page 1 of 1. I have in the past looked at some of her assignments that were multiple pages but on the recent ones that are blank there is no option to go to any successive pages. ... ???

Blog Entries

Hmm. Have you scrolled all the way down, and all the way to the right and left? Depending on your computer's screen resolution, an assignment could be hiding in a far corner of the "sheet of paper".