How do you all stay organized? I need advice!
    Cannolly is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default How do you all stay organized? I need advice!

H! I am really enjoying time 4 learning. My only concern is staying organized with reviews. I don't want y daughter to forget everything she is learning, but so far from what I can tell, they go through the lessons and take a quiz and then that's it for that topic. Do y'all have ways that you keep track of what's being taught each week and reviewing them with your children weekly/monthly, etc.? I am attempting to keep track but I'm worried i wont stay organized very long and then I'll make a big mess of things. I think I need better way. Any help is appreciated... Thank you!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Cannolly. I find that Time4Learning does a good job of reviewing from year to year. If you want to review from from month to month, remember that the quizzes and tests can all be taken as many times as you want, so you could have her take them later to make sure she still remembers.

You can find the details about what each lesson covers within your parent login under Parent Resources and How To Videos/Go To Lesson Plans.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Cannolly is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thank you! And another question?

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Hi, Cannolly. I find that Time4Learning does a good job of reviewing from year to year. If you want to review from from month to month, remember that the quizzes and tests can all be taken as many times as you want, so you could have her take them later to make sure she still remembers.

You can find the details about what each lesson covers within your parent login under Parent Resources and How To Videos/Go To Lesson Plans.

Thank you Kelly! I didn't know about the annual reviewing. I am glad to hear that, and I will have her quizzing extra.

Now I a trying to figure out about the "assignment" tab. It says there are no assignments, and I a not able to find information on this. Are there none in younger grades? Do parents create them? And is there an attendence report, or only the time stamps in the portfolio? I'm sorry for ,y questions. I promise I have read through the faqs and other sources of information. Thank you for your time!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Cannolly, the Assignments tab is designed for school use, to allow a teacher to make assignments for a whole class. It is not functional for families. Instead, log in to your parent account and click your child's name beneath Student Activity Schedule. Then click on Create/Access Activity Plan. From there, you can design a schedule based on the time you have and your completion goals.

This schedule does not affect how the lessons appear to your child. Your child will always have access to all the lessons. The schedule simply tells her which activities should be completed each week for each subject. You can go in and narrow it down, assigning certain activities to certain days, if you like. I do this for my kids each weekend for the upcoming week.

Be sure to set your completed schedule as your student's default. This will cause an extra button to appear at the top when your student logs in (along with Gameroom, Time 4 Art, Gallery, and so forth). The button will say Activity Schedule. Your child can look at the schedule from that button and click the box to check each item off as it is completed.

To learn more about the Activity Scheduler, click on the links at the upper right in your parent account to view help videos. You can also view them beneath the Parent Resources and How-To Videos tab within your parent login.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!