How does the student know how many activities to do for each day?
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Piscesskimom

Thread: How does the student know how many activities to do for each day?

  1. #1
    Ozak is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6

    Default How does the student know how many activities to do for each day?

    It is probably answered some where but not sure. How does the student know what activities to complete for each day? I have set up the activity plan for each student. Looking at the student page I can not tell what lessons need to be done (checked) to achieve the goal for that day.
    Thank for any help.
    Ozak

  2. #2
    hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    6,872
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    If you have set a schedule as default, there will be a tab at the top when your student logs into his or her lessons that says Activity Schedule. He or she can use that to look up what needs to be done each week and check off each activity when completed. When you set up the schedule, you can also choose to go back and assign a day to each activity. I have found that it's better to assign actual days each weekend for the upcoming week, instead of trying to do the whole year at a time. This allows me to make adjustments, in case something needs to be repeated, someone was sick, etc.

    If you are not sure how to use the Activity Scheduler, log in to your parent account and click on the instructional videos. Or, click on the Activity Scheduler within your parent login and look at the top, right, for videos specifically about the scheduler.

    Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

  3. #3
    Ozak is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Thank you that helps


    Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    If you have set a schedule as default, there will be a tab at the top when your student logs into his or her lessons that says Activity Schedule. He or she can use that to look up what needs to be done each week and check off each activity when completed. When you set up the schedule, you can also choose to go back and assign a day to each activity. I have found that it's better to assign actual days each weekend for the upcoming week, instead of trying to do the whole year at a time. This allows me to make adjustments, in case something needs to be repeated, someone was sick, etc.

    If you are not sure how to use the Activity Scheduler, log in to your parent account and click on the instructional videos. Or, click on the Activity Scheduler within your parent login and look at the top, right, for videos specifically about the scheduler.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3

    Default Also having issues with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    ...
    If you have set a schedule as default, there will be a tab at the top when your student logs into his or her lessons that says Activity Schedule.
    ...
    Mine does not display this. Screenshot: Name:  [Untitled].jpg
Views: 361
Size:  16.9 KB
    I have a schedule selected as default:
    Schedule Name StartDate EndDate Is Default Make Default Delete
    T4L5302015V2 5/31/2015 8/29/2015 Yes
    I also have weekdays assigned for each activity.

    The only thing I can think of (beyond a misunderstanding) is that there is nothing scheduled for that date? (Today is 5/30/2015 and the first scheduled item is for Monday June 1st).

    Any assistance would be appreciated!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3

    Default activity scheduler?

    I have set up the activity scheduler for my children. If they finish the lessons for the week ahead of time, how do I see the next lessons best?
    Also, does the site give the parent a list of finished lessons other than looking at your child's portfolio on their sign in? It would be great if the activity scheduler marked off which lessons have been completed as they do them, rather than me going onto my childs portfolio and going back and forth to mark them off. Please let me know if there is a different way of tracking this.
    Thanks!
    Reandeau likes this.

  6. #6
    yamilka is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15

    Default

    I am also new. I am trying to understand the whole activity scheduler thing. I got to the same conclusion ... Is there any other option? Also, when my daughter opens her side, does she see all the work for one week or for more or for only a day? What if I want to have her repeat something, can I do so? Every time that I make new changes to it, do I loose the old info? What about last achievements and notes? What is the point of the "day" column? Why would it matter which day she completed the task? Thanks in advance for replying and trying to help.

  7. #7
    hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    6,872
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yamilka View Post
    Also, when my daughter opens her side, does she see all the work for one week or for more or for only a day?
    She will always see all the work, just as a student who is using a textbook will always have the entire textbook in front of them. The scheduler provides a list of what the student needs to do, just as you might make a list (if you were using a textbook) that says, "Read pages 4-6 and answer the first set of questions on page 10."

    Quote Originally Posted by yamilka View Post
    What if I want to have her repeat something, can I do so?
    Yes, lesson activities, quizzes, and tests can all be done as many times as you like.

    Quote Originally Posted by yamilka View Post
    Every time that I make new changes to it, do I loose the old info?
    Yes, you will need to save that as a new schedule and set it as your default.

    Quote Originally Posted by yamilka View Post
    What about last achievements and notes?
    Where are you finding "last achievements"? The notes are a place where you can type anything you want your student to know. I've used it for things like, "There are cookies in the cupboard for you after you finish math." "There is a related DVD beside the laptop. Please watch it after you do science."

    Quote Originally Posted by yamilka View Post
    What is the point of the "day" column? Why would it matter which day she completed the task?
    It doesn't matter to most families, as long as the week's work gets done. Younger students, students with disabilities, or students who have a difficult time focusing unless they have a specific plan may need a parent to specify what needs to be done each day. The day column is optional.

    Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

  8. #8
    yamilka is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Kelly, Thank you very much for all your help. I am sorry I got you confused about "last achievements" I meant personal achievements (student) that I might want to add to the notes. So, I assume the notes show on her side? I thought it was for me.

  9. #9
    hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    6,872
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    The things you type in Notes will show up for your student.

    If I were going to use them for my own personal notes, as well as to communicate with my student, I might use a code. For example, type your own notes as usual, but let your student know that anything typed in all caps is for him or her.

    Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •