How often should I print reports?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jpenn
  • 1 Post By MamaToHerRoo

Thread: How often should I print reports?

Camino75 is offline Junior Member

Default How often should I print reports?

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering how often I should print reports for my records, and which reports should be printed.
    I thought that I should print them all out daily, but I quickly realized that this would be an overkill and I would like to save my printer paper for worksheets. Could anyone offer some insight as to a method that worked well for keeping these reports for their child/children?

Thanks a lot!
    - Kim

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Kim,

I posted your question on our FB page for tomorrow, Sunday, at 11:05 a.m. Hopefully you will receive lots of replies.
    Camino75 likes this.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi Kim,
    How often you print records might have to do with what kind of records you need to keep to be legal in your state. Some states require that you log 4 hours per day minimum, other states don't even need you to tell them you are homeschooling. As long as you are a member of T4L your records are safe, but recreating records from months in the past might be difficult, so consider what you need to keep to stay legal, and what you need to keep for your own peace of mind. Some people I know print once a week, others print once a month. I'm bad, I go months at a time and don't print, then I get worried and frantically collect records!
    Camino75 likes this.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Thank you so much, Jackie!!

I just checked it out a minute ago and couldn't believe all of the responses! There are so many great ideas given.
    Thank you again!
    -Kim

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your response! I have to report attendance and grades twice a year. Once in January, then again in May. But I wanted to have an efficient system down so that I have everything I need but without being wasteful or drowning in paperwork..lol.
    I also needed a way to log offline work as well since that won't appear in the T4L attendance. Right now, I have my son writing his name, date, and the time he starts a worksheet at the top.
    With your advice, and the wonderful ideas given on the face book page, I have a lot of methods to try now to see what's going to work best for my family.

Thank you again!
    -Kim