how to schedule two years in one

Default how to schedule two years in one

My son needs to do 4th and 5th grade math and language arts in one year. How do i schedule him to do 4th grade Math and Language arts from Aug 24th to Dec 18th and then 5th grade Math and Language arts from Jan 4-June 3rd? Plus I want him to stay in 5th grade Science and Social Studies the entire year? I'm totally confused as to how to set that up. Help please

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello, Julia. I'd set up a schedule for the first half of the year and then, when you have finished that, set up a schedule for the second half of the year.

Find the midpoint lesson activity number in science and social studies.

Put in your start date. For the end date, use the date that is halfway through your school year.

For math, start with the first lesson activity number in fourth grade math and end with the last lesson activity number in fourth grade math.

For language arts, start with the first lesson activity number in fourth grade math and end with the last lesson activity number in fourth grade math.

For science and social studies, start with the first lesson activity number in fifth grade science and end with the last lesson activity number in fifth grade science. Put in the first lesson activity number in fifth grade social studies and end with the last lesson activity number in fifth grade social studies.

When your year is half over, generate another schedule, similar to the first, except put in start and end dates for FIFTH grade math and language arts, instead of fourth grade.

For science and social studies, start with the first activity the student has not completed and again end with the final activity number in the subject.

This should get you the kind of schedule you need. Please let us know if you need more help than this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!