HOW TO: Use the Activity Planner - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HOW TO: Use the Activity Planner

deniseprieve is offline Junior Member

Is there a way to delete an activity planner?? I made multiple and now that I "figured" it out, would like to delete the old ones.

MackMommy5 is offline Junior Member

I was wondering if there was anyway to edit a saved lesson plan, if you choose to delete some activities or add activities, rather than create a whole new plan each time?

Thank You
    Shannon

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ciao4now View Post
    Is there a way that he can just open up the subject and have what I assigned on it for that day?
    THank you!

The plan does not affect what lessons appear on your student's dashboard. It's a plan, or checklist, that he can refer to to see what you want him to do. Then, he can check each item off as it is completed. It's sort of like giving your student a textbook and telling him, "Read chapter three and answer the questions on page 112." The whole textbook is in front of him, but he has been instructed as to which parts to pay attention to today.

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by Compass Learning Odyssey, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license allowing them to provide it to families and individuals. Since Time4Learning does not own the curriculum, they can't affect how it is laid out or how it functions. Time4Learning has added helpful tools for parents to use, including the activity planner.
    coopermrocio likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MackMommy5 View Post
    I was wondering if there was anyway to edit a saved lesson plan, if you choose to delete some activities or add activities, rather than create a whole new plan each time?

Thank You
    Shannon
    Not at this time, Shannon. You can only add weekly breaks to an existing plan. The planner is somewhat new, and additional functions are being added as they become available.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MackMommy5 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Not at this time, Shannon. You can only add weekly breaks to an existing plan. The planner is somewhat new, and additional functions are being added as they become available.
    Thank You so much!
    ~Shannon

How can I assign activities using the planner, or just assign activities to my child? This system is very confusing for beginners.

Blog Entries

Hi, Monique. Here are step-by-step instructions for using the Activity Planner. The Gradebook, Assignments tab, and colored pass/fail bars within the Student Reports are designed for classroom use. Families use the Student Reports instead of the Gradebook, the Activity Planner instead of the Assignments tab, and the percentage scores instead of the colored pass/fail bars.
    coopermrocio likes this.

I have been using T4L for a couple of years. This year I want to get next years planner done before summer but I haven't switched my children's enrolled classes yet as they are still working on this year. Is there any way to create next years planner while they are still working on this years?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I don't think so. I did just try, to be sure (admittedly I don't use the scheduler, my boys have always just done the activities in order, until they're done)...but unless I'm missing something, it looks like it's just this year's material that you can schedule.

Having said all that, it never hurts to contact support. They're like magic, they may be able to help you do what you need. 888-771-0914
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Blog Entries

The material available to use in the planner is limited to what you currently have set as your student's default. In other words, whatever you have selected when you log in to your parent account and click on Adjust Grade Level or Change High School Courses is what will appear when you make your plan.

If the pre-planning is very important to you, you could change all the courses to what you plan for him to do next year, create and save a plan using next year's material, and then change his courses back to what he is doing this year. Neither saved plan will be deleted and all the work will still appear in his reports. It can take up to 24 hours for course changes to take place, though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast