HOW TO: Use the Activity Planner - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HOW TO: Use the Activity Planner

Hi, I just signed my almost-5th grader up for Time4Learning and I intend for her to use it over the course of the summer (for math only) to stay fresh and get ahead. I used the calculator, and I know that she needs to do 5 activities per day to finish in the time I've allotted. I've also downloaded the Puffin app on her iPad, where I intend for her to access her lessons each day. My questions: How will she know what lessons she needs to do each day? Does it show her the five lessons for the day? Will she have to count lessons she's done to keep track? How will she know where to begin on subsequent days; does the app pick up where she left off? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Sherynn. Take a look back at the very first post on this thread. That will give you step-by-step instructions for using the activity planner. You set the plan you create as your student's default, which causes a tab labeled "Activity Plan" to appear when she is logged in. She looks beneath that tab to see what she needs to do. She can click the boxes after she finishes each activity, or the system will check off all completed work at 1:00 AM each day. I think that answers the questions you asked, but you can read all the how-tos in more detail in the first post.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Sharity is offline Junior Member

Default Re: HOW TO: Use the Activity Planner

If I've set plan, begin to use it, and then decide to add in an additional week off will it reset the entire plan and mess up even the days we've already completed?
    coopermrocio likes this.

RHERRICK is offline Junior Member

We just started with Time4Learning a couple of weeks ago. I set up the planners for my two older children, set them as defaults, and then tried logging into their accounts. There is no tab showing up when they log in labeled "activity plan" and no list of activities to do anywhere.
    Am I missing a step or something? I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Hello, Rherrick!

If the start date for the plans has not yet arrived, you won't see that tab when you log in to their accounts. It will begin appearing on the plan's start date.

Please let us know if this doesn't resolve your problem.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

RHERRICK is offline Junior Member

Thank you Kelly! That is what the problem was. It's working great!
    Linda H.

Shorty00 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post

Not at this time, Shannon. You can only add weekly breaks to an existing plan. The planner is somewhat new, and additional functions are being added as they become available.

Originally Posted by MackMommy5

I was wondering if there was anyway to edit a saved lesson plan, if you choose to delete some activities or add activities, rather than create a whole new plan each time?

Thank You
    Shannon

Has this feature been added yet? If so, how do I do it? The detailed plan has all the lessons for a chapter on one week and the test at the beginning of the next. I want to move the test back to the week where all the lessons are
    Last edited by Shorty00; 07-28-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi! On the new parent dashboard, log in and select Lesson Planning and Reports from the top. Then choose the My Saved Plans icon. Select your student's name and the name of the plan from the dropdown menu. Under the student's name in blue, you will see rectangles with six options. One of the options is Manage Planners. Click on that.

Change the start or end date if you need to (or just leave it the same) and click on Update and Proceed.

From there, you can add or delete material, add breaks, etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3