Issues with the 5th grade math.
    SnickerJunky is offline Junior Member

Default Issues with the 5th grade math.

Let me first start by saying that I am HORRIBLE at math. It intimidates me to the point of hearing Charlie Brown's teacher talk whenever any advanced math explained to me lol. I can do the basics, but I'm worried about the upcoming pre-algebra, fractions, etc. when I know I will be of no help to my son.

Right now, he is having issues, as well, because of the method used for showing the math. It's not holding his attention enough for him to even get things right in the lessons he already knows and should be doing as review. Do I have to use this T4L math lesson or is there something else someone can recommend to use instead that has a simpler way of explaining without distracting cartoon characters?

I'm just getting so frustrated with worry about doing this wrong and causing him to regress instead of progress. Can I uncheck Math in the Activity Planner and do something else? Or will that only complicate things more?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The entire final chapter of the fifth grade math program is actually the old math program. It was saved in case someone needed extra practice. You might look at those lessons and consider having him do the old program instead. Some parents also just assign work sheets. Or . . . no curriculum is a good fit for everyone. You can find a math curriculum that is a better fit and you may certainly just leave math out of his Time4Learning program. If you don't want the math icon to even appear on his dashboard, go into your parent login, click on Student Records/Adjust Educational Level and select "none" for math.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

SnickerJunky is offline Junior Member

Thanks, Kelly. I will check that out.