just signed up :)
    allaboutme698 is offline Junior Member

Cool just signed up :)

Hi friends. I just signed up and I'm totally confused on how to get started. I registered and paid for my fourth grader and now I don't know how to initiate the lessons? thanks

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Since accounts are set up manually by staff, it can take up to 24 hours. You will receive an email when your account is ready to use.

If you have already received that email, then log in to your parent account and explore there. You will want to decide whether to use the Activity Planner and you will need to know how to view your student's reports at a minimum.

If you aren't user the planner, your student can just log in to his account and click on a subject icon. That's like opening a textbook. He will be brought to a page of icons that represent chapters in the textbook, and he should click on the first one that is not checked off as completed. (NONE of the icons will be checked off as completed at first, of course.) He will be brought to a page of icons that represent lessons in that chapter, and he should click on the first one that is not checked off as completed. He will be brought to a page of icons that represent lesson activities in the lesson, and he should click on the first one which is not checked off as completed, which will finally bring him to an activity to do. If he will be doing more than one activity, he starts the process again when he has finished the first activity.

If he notices a quiz or test at the bottom of a page of icons, he needs to remember to do that as soon as that page of icons is all checked off.

You can just let him go at his own rate, if you are not concerned about him completing a certain amount of work in a certain amount of time.

If you want to use the Activity Planner, here are detailed instructions on how to do that.
    Hope this helps you get started!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!