Lesson Shows Completed But No Score
    Jrhodes99 is offline Junior Member

Default Lesson Shows Completed But No Score

Hello~ We are new to T4L. My daughter completed a 10th grade lesson in Biology and one in Social Studies today. She clicked the finish tab and went over to the left clicking the exit lesson tab where it showed her lesson check marked green for complete. But when I go into either her portfolio or the parent site to check her score it shows the lesson green for complete but the score says N/A. Does anyone know what we are doing wrong?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You aren't doing anything wrong. N/A means a score isn't applicable to that activity, because it isn't a scored activity. There are several kinds of activities. Some of them are designed to teach . . . not to assess what the student has learned. The student won't receive a score on the teaching activities for the same reason that most students don't receive a score for listening to a teacher stand up in front of the classroom and explain how to do something.

Other lessons are designed for practice. Some of these will be graded and some will not. Still others are designed to assess what the student has learned. These will all be graded. Quizzes and tests will all be graded, too.

I hope this helps explain the reporting system a bit more.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Jrhodes99 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    You aren't doing anything wrong. N/A means a score isn't applicable to that activity, because it isn't a scored activity. There are several kinds of activities. Some of them are designed to teach . . . not to assess what the student has learned. The student won't receive a score on the teaching activities for the same reason that most students don't receive a score for listening to a teacher stand up in front of the classroom and explain how to do something.

Other lessons are designed for practice. Some of these will be graded and some will not. Still others are designed to assess what the student has learned. These will all be graded. Quizzes and tests will all be graded, too.

I hope this helps explain the reporting system a bit more.

Thanks so much! I ended up noticing that as I was looking through the assignment types later that day. This is all new to us, maybe you noticed since I'm even having a hard time finding my own post on here, lol. My daughter has always been in public school until now. Today was her first real day of homeschool. She had to start over at day 1 so she has a little extra to do every day in order to finish by June 3rd but it was not bad, day 1 went well!

I do have another question though, how do I enter her scores for the writing assignments? I thought I could click on the N/A but that doesn't work. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by Jrhodes99; 11-16-2015 at 09:41 PM.

Blog Entries

The reports only include online work. The writing assignments can be viewed by clicking on that N/A you were talking about. You can also print them from there. If you want to grade them, you can print and grade manually, but the grade won't appear in the reports. Some parents keep their own writing grade offline.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default Good question

I was wondering the same thing. Some assignments say to turn in to teacher, How do I do this? Am I considered her teacher? And how do I mark that lesson complete?

Blog Entries

When your student "hands in" an Odyssey Writer assignment, they can "turn it in" to any of the fictitious teachers listed. All that does is mark the lesson as complete so it will then appear as a link in the reports. When you see one of these links in your student's report, you will know there is a writing assignment for you to look at.