Moving up just one subject in detailed planner?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ekendall

Thread: Moving up just one subject in detailed planner?

ekendall is offline Junior Member

Question Moving up just one subject in detailed planner?

Hello!

I started using Time4Learning a week ago after doing a trial run on a few other full-curriculum sites for a couple weeks, and my sons LOVE it here! We are new accidental homeschoolers, so I'm still getting the hang of what I'm even doing!

My oldest son was recently held back in public school for the second time, though he hasn't had a problem with math. Placement testing I've done shows that he was rightfully held back for the most part, and I've set him for 4th grade on everything. A week in, and he wants to give the 5th grade math a try, and has been doing well in the first few activities, and asked if I can update the planner. I did make sure it updated, though now it is showing that what he is working on now is planned for last week on the detailed planner.

Is there a way to move up (or set a week break) for just one subject? He likes the detailed planner, and it would be easier for him to work out what he needs to do if he doesn't have to click between weeks. I know I can simply ignore it and let him work on so many per day, or do a few extra to "catch up" to the planner, but if there is a way to do this it would be awesome!

Thanks,
    Elisabet

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Moving up just one subject in detailed planner?

Welcome to the Time4Learning parent forum! I'm glad the curriculum is working well for you. It's been my family's core curriculum since 2006, and we love it, too.

Unfortunately, the planner is fairly static. If you change grade levels, you need to make a new plan for that grade level. I worked around that when I moved my daughter a level down in math by keeping our current plan as her default and telling her to ignore the math portion. Then, I created a new plan that JUST included her new math level, did NOT set that one as her default, and printed it out. That way, she could use the Activity Plan tab on her student dashboard for most of the subjects, and we had maximum flexibility with math (her more difficult subject), being able to easily work ahead or behind what was scheduled, depending on what she needed.

That actually worked out better for us than if her math had been included in the online plan, because when she needed to re-do something it would put us behind and it was easy to see where we might need to adjust on the paper plan.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

ekendall is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Moving up just one subject in detailed planner?

That is a great idea! Thanks a bunch.

He is going through spurts of redoing a few already, but is adamant that he wants to stick with it, so I might do exactly this!