Navigating completed lessons

Default Navigating completed lessons

Hello!

My kids started Time 4 Learning in January, and I am still trying to figure all of this out. I can't seem to find a place to see at a glance what they have completed vs. what they still need to complete. I can see the reports and what they have done, but I have no idea where those lessons fall into the bigger picture, if they've skipped anything etc without going and referencing the scope and sequence in another tab.

I hope I'm making sense. I just want to know if there's a way to see the full year of math on one page, with lessons my child has done checked off etc. so that I can tell if he's skipping around, or working too slow.

Does anyone know? Thanks so much!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Tamara, it is necessary to compare the reports with the lesson plans, unless you have created an Activity Plan. If you have created an Activity Plan, you can view it to see what has been checked off and what hasn't.

This method isn't "at a glance", but you can also log in as your student and see if there are icons that haven't been checked off on his account. It helps to understand how the subjects are laid out:

Clicking on a subject icon is like opening a textbook. The student will be brought to a page of icons that represent chapters in the textbook.

Clicking on one of the chapter icons brings you to a page of icons that represent lessons in that chapter.

Clicking on one of the lesson icons brings you to a page of icons that represent lesson activities within that lesson.

Clicking on one of the lesson activity icons brings you to an activity. These activities are the ones referred to by "lesson activity number" on your student reports and within the lesson plans.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you need clarification.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Echap77 is offline Junior Member

Hey Kelly. Is there any way to "label" the icon pages as you've explained them? For example on the initial page have Textbooks at the top, after clicking to the next page have a header of Lessons and so on.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning can't do that, because they do not own the lessons. They lease them from Compass Learning Odyssey. Time4Learning can add things, and they've tried to explain how to navigate the lessons in the introductory video within the parent login. I agree that the labels would be nice, especially for newcomers. Once you've worked with the program for awhile, it becomes second nature.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!