need help with mid school year schedule plans
    delynn95 is offline Junior Member

Default need help with mid school year schedule plans

I just signed up. Im new to homeschooling. My daughter was in public school. I need help with planning her schedule/lessons being that she has covered some seventh grade material last semester in school.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Some families would go ahead and start at the beginning of seventh grade and then have their child take the chapter test at the end of the first chapter in each subject. If they score well on a test, they do not have to do the lessons in that chapter. They proceed to the test at the end of chapter two. If they do not do well on a test, they do the lessons in that chapter and try again.

In this way, the student is only studying material they don't already know. Schools do not all provide information in te same sequence, so there is no way for a child to "take over learning where they left off" when they change schools or curriculums.

We hosted a live webinar about beginning mid year, and it's available in recorded form on YouTube. You might want to check it out: Beginning Homeschool Mid-Year .

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

rilbrianne is offline Junior Member

This thread was very helpful! I'm going to find this webinar and give it another go.