New to T4L & homeschooling period..super confused!
    andeli1999 is offline Junior Member

Question New to T4L & homeschooling period..super confused!

I have a 16 yr. old son & we decided as a family to finish his education at home using T4L. I know how to access the reports on "his side," which are very helpful; however, I do not understand what I should manually be grading since the system appears to be posting his grades on each assignment/test. Do I need to be grading additional items that the system does not grade for some reason, & how do I know if there is an Odyssy assignment that needs to be read & graded? I will be grateful for any help at all on this topic! The Forum in general has been a lifesaver for us, because I sit & literally read all the posts/answers I can!

Drew0315 is offline Junior Member Newbie

There's an icon at the top right in those Odyssy assignments for sending them to a Teacher for grading.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Clicking the Hand In button on an Odyssey Writer assignment does not actually hand the paper in to anyone. It simply causes that assignment to be marked as completed and to appear in the student's reports so the parent can print and grade it manually . . . or just view it online if you choose not to grade writing assignments. You will know there is a writing assignment to view or grade when you notice a link to a completed assignment in your student's reports instead of a grade. If you tell your child to click the little icon that looks like two overlapping pieces of paper at the lower left of the field they type in before beginning a writing assignment, the instructions for that assignment will be pasted into the assigment first, which makes it easier for you to grade it (because you will know what was expected).

Each writing assignment in the English curriculum in high school has a detailed grading guide for parents to use. These are available within your parent login.

You can access the reports from your parent login. This is often a better option than than accessing them from your student's side, because you can log in as a parent even if your student is logged in and actively working on a lesson.

Answer keys for worksheets are available within your parent login. Look for them in the lesson plans/scope and sequence.

We're glad you are finding the forum helpful! Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!