new time4learning user with questions
    JanaL is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default new time4learning user with questions

Today is our first day of using time4learning and I'm confused about a few things.

1) I did the activity scheduler and saved it so my daughter can see it. When I go to recent work under student records, I see what she worked on. I don't see anything when I go to assignments though (in progress or completed). I thought it would show what she has scheduled to do this week.

2) She finished an Odyssey Writer Project and I thought I graded it but it still shows N/A for the score when I look at her "recent work".

I appreciate any help.
    Jana

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Jana!

The Assignments function was designed to be used by schools, and does not work for individuals. Time4Learning has provided the scheduler as an alternative.

When an Odyssey Writer assignment has been finished, your student should click the Hand In icon and select a fictitious teacher. This doesn't actually hand the assignment in to anyone, but it does cause it to be marked as Complete and to appear in the reports as a link. You can click on the link in the reports to print and manually grade the writing assignment.

Time4Learning uses curriculum designed for school use, and both of the above items are work-rounds, so individuals and families can use the program.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

tinywarnerpowell is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Hi, Jana!

The Assignments function was designed to be used by schools, and does not work for individuals. Time4Learning has provided the scheduler as an alternative.

When an Odyssey Writer assignment has been finished, your student should click the Hand In icon and select a fictitious teacher. This doesn't actually hand the assignment in to anyone, but it does cause it to be marked as Complete and to appear in the reports as a link. You can click on the link in the reports to print and manually grade the writing assignment.

Time4Learning uses curriculum designed for school use, and both of the above items are work-rounds, so individuals and families can use the program.

I am having issues too, when I see something that says N/Am I click on it and think that I have graded it, but when I go back, it is still marked as n/a. Do I have to print them and grade them? Writing lessons are the hardest. I look at the essays, and grade them, but don't have an option to save what I have graded. Again, should I print those and grade with an ink pen?