Odyssey Writer - Assignment turn in?
    BoBindy1 is offline Junior Member

Default Odyssey Writer - Assignment turn in?

My daughter completed her first assignment with the Odyssey Writer. Then clicked the Turn In button. Options came up for a whole long list of different teachers to turn it in to (none of which were me). So, what was she supposed to click here? How does she Turn the assignment In to Me? ANd how do I retrieve it?Thanks in advance.Cindy

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi!

Odyssey Writer is a word processing program that is integrated within the curriculum.

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has acquired a license that allows them to offer it to individuals.

Because Odyssey Writer was designed to be used in a classroom, the grading function within Odyssey Writer will not work for individuals.

When a student has a writing assignment, Odyssey Writer will automatically pop up. The student may complete the assignment in several sittings, if necessary, as long as they remember to save their work. When the student is finished with the assignment, they should click the "Hand In" button and select a "teacher". This does NOT actually hand the assignment in to a teacher. It simply marks the assignment as completed, so it will show up on the student's reports.

When an Odyssey Writer assignment appears on a student's reports, the parent should click on it and either view it online or print it to grade manually.

I know these assignments can be confusing to manage at first. Hope this info helps.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

cafe_krissy is offline Junior Member

ok, I am having the opposite problem, it says it is turning in but has no teacher list also when it lists the activities completed, it says N/A where the grade should go and does not show it completed. since I am seeing her do the activities, is that enough?