Odyssey Writer - Completely Stumped -
    tess71 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Odyssey Writer - Completely Stumped -

Hi There. I am new to this forum. My daughter is currently using the high school material. Neither of us can out figure how to complete assignments on the Odyssey Writer. Any advice? Thanks in advance

YennyT4L is offline Administrator

When opening the activity, the instructions/writing prompts will appear. Before you can begin you will need to click on Copy/Paste to draft, located at the bottom left.

In order for a writing assignment to mark as complete, it must be handed in. Students can hand in finished projects by clicking on the last icon in the orange toolbar that indicates a hand holding a piece of paper. A screen will appear that asks which teacher the child would like to hand the assignment into. Please select any teacher as these names are administrative only, but must be chosen to mark the assignment as complete. The child will scroll down and click send at the bottom of the screen. Grading is the responsibility of the parent.

To exit out of the Odyssey Writer activities correctly, click on the Exit icon located in the upper right hand corner. If the page appears as though it is loading and does not exit, try hitting your F5 key to refresh the page. This should bring you back to the launchpad. If that does not work, hit the Back Button. If all work was saved and handed in before exited, it will appear in the reports section as completed.

Parents are responsible for the actual grading of a child's writing assignment. To access the finished, work go into the recent work of the progress reports and click on the hyper-linked N/A next to the name of the lesson. By clicking on the checkmark icon, a
    rubric will appear that gives descriptions of how to grade a sample, based on the areas of content, idea development, voice, and conventions.

Parents can then print out the work and write the grade on it for keeping in your paper portfolio. Please note that you will not be able to save the grade in the online reports section.

Hope this helps!

justinkellie55 is offline Junior Member

I am also new. My daughter is in the high school program as well. We cannot get the material to copy/paste. Im not sure what to do. Help me Please!!