Previewing Lessons
    Pam44 is offline Junior Member

Default Previewing Lessons

Hi, I am new to T4L and I am having trouble with previewing the lessons. When I preview a lesson they are showing up on my child's student reports. I have been exiting using the home button in the upper left hand corner of the lesson page like it told me to, but my previews are still showing up on my students reports. How can I preview lessons without them showing up on the reports and not making it look like my child has completed the lesson? Any help would be appreciated.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Pam, I wonder if you are looking at the Recent Work instead of the Reports? The portfolio defaults to the Recent Work tab, which is just a quick place to check on all program access, whether it has been completed or not. The information under Recent Work is retained a maximum of thirty days. Click on the Reports tab instead, where you will be able to customize the information you want to receive (just one subject, a specific date range, only tests, etc.). Only COMPLETED work appears under the actual Reports tab, which is why your previews won't appear there if you exit correctly. Information under Reports is retained as long as your subscription is active. Since no technology is perfects, Time4Learning does suggest parents print a weekly report.

Please let us know if this doesn't solve your problem.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Pam44 is offline Junior Member

Kelly, thank you for your time and help. I will try what you said and let you know if I have any problems. Also I would like to print out an attendance report for my child, but my previews are showing up there looking like my child was on when it is me. I want to print out a report with only my child's attendance on it. Also, the clock times on the attendance reports are not correct. Sorry for so many questions, I am not too great on computers. Thanks again and I appreciate all your help.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Pam, the clock times will be Florida time, which is where Time4Learning is based.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!