Questions for those who use worksheets?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Questions for those who use worksheets?

LaceyN is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Questions for those who use worksheets?

Hi. I'm pretty new here and I have a few questions about the worksheets.

In your opinion, would you really have to use the worksheets? I'm wondering if maybe the worksheets are for proof for those who live in states that require written work? Or, are they for reinforcement only? Would the student get the same amount of learning if they skipped the worksheets? I'm thinking that I may need to get a part time job just to pay for printer ink if we use them! LOL

Also, is there an answer for the worksheets, and if so, where is it?

Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I have selectively used the worksheets for my kids. In math, there are sometimes several pages of worksheets under one "Resource" link. I usually choose one or two that I think my child needs, and sometimes assign only the odd problems or only the even problems. I have found that my kids do better if they use some worksheets in math.

I haven't used many other worksheets. We've tried a few language arts worksheets at the lower levels, but my kids didn't need that extra practice. We tend to be math challenged but excel in language skills.

We did all the first and second grade science worksheets, because there wasn't a lot of science at that level and the lessons were fun.

Mine have done fine with selectively using worksheets.
    LaceyN likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!